Cookie Statement CEU Review of Books
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small piece of data that a website asks your browser to store on your computer or mobile device. The cookie allows the website to “remember” your actions or preferences over time.
You can find out more information about cookies at: https://www.allaboutcookies.org/
Cookies served while visiting CEURB websites are used for:
- Functionality purposes, e.g. to remember if the cookie consent agreement has already been submitted by a visitor.
- Analytical purposes, e.g. to track anonymized visitor browsing statistics, typically done by Google Analytics.
- Other marketing- or usage-related informational purposes – usually involving an embedded object like Facebook page or YouTube video.
- If a cookie collecting personal data will be set on a website, we’ll inform you about the data process in a privacy notice and ask for your informed consent. Note that first-party cookie data is fully anonymized.
- We do not store cookies before consent is granted.
What type of cookies do we use?
- First-party cookies– the cookies set by CEURB and stored by the website you are visiting.
|Provider||Cookie name||Duration||Purpose (or link found on CEURB)||Further Information|
|session||Associated with the ShareThis service, which we use on article content to facilitate page sharing.||https://www.sharethis.com/privacy/|
|1 day||These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the website, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.||https://support.google.com/analytics/topic/2919631?hl=en&ref_topic=1008008|
- Third-party Cookies the cookies created by domains other than CEUREVIEWOFBOOKS.COM domain. Some of our pages display content from external providers, e.g. YouTube, Twitter, and UniBuddy. To view or interact with this third-party content, you first have to accept their specific terms and conditions. This includes their cookie policies, which we have no control over. Please follow the links under ‘further information’ in order to learn more about the full extent of potential purpose and usage of these cookies.
|Provider||Cookie name||Duration||Purpose (or link found on CEU)||Further Information|
|3 months||Advertisement targeting cookie used by Facebook.||https://policies.google.com/privacy|
|lang||session||Used to store the language preferences of a user to serve up content in that stored language the next time the user visits the website.||https://www.youtube.com/t/terms|
How can you manage cookies?
Removing cookies from your device
You can delete all cookies that are already on your device by clearing the browsing history of your browser. This will remove all cookies from all websites you have visited. Be aware though that you may also lose some saved information (e.g. saved login details, site preferences).
Managing site-specific cookies
For more detailed control over site-specific cookies, check the privacy and cookie settings in your preferred browser.
Blocking cookies You can set most modern browsers to prevent any cookies being placed on your device, but you may then have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site/page. And, some services and functionalities may not work properly at all (e.g. profile logging-in).
Any changes we make in the Cookie Statement will be posted on this web page.
Previous revisions of this statement
Can be requested by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding this statement, please contact the CEU Review of Books email@example.com.